Do you want to help develop innovative and environmentally friendly energy harvesting technologies for the future?
The Fuel Cells and Solid State Chemistry Division at Risø DTU is looking for qualified applicants for a postdoc/Researcher position. The successful applicant will play a lead role in the research and development of oxide thermoelectric modules, which involves material synthesis and characterization, module design, fabrication, and module testing.
Thermoelectric power conversion is a promising technology for waste heat recovery in a broad variety of applications, e.g. transportation, building and industry. A thermoelectric device works by converting a certain temperature difference into an electric potential to generate power.
The key functions of this position are thermoelectric module design, fabrication, and experimental demonstration using oxide thermoelectric materials.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, or similar discipline
- Knowledge in synthesis of inorganic materials preferably oxides
- Prior knowledge in the area of thermoelectricity is beneficial
- Experience with thermoelectric module development is a strong advantage
- Strong understanding of thermoelectric theory, thermal-mechanical design, and manufacturing considerations are a strong plus
- Ability to work independently, to plan and carry out complicated tasks, and to be a part of a large, dynamical group
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- scientific production and research potential at international level
- Innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas
- the ability to communicate at all levels such as the provision of scientific advice to public sector authorities
- an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- the ability to contribute to development of the department’s internal and external cooperation
We offer an exciting and challenging job in an international environment.
Good possibilities for professional and personal growth.
A family friendly organisation with flexible working hours.
Terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.The position is for a fixed duration. The place of work is Risø DTU in Roskilde.
We must have your online application by 15 February, 2011. Please open the link "apply online" and fill in the application form and attach your application, CV and a list of publications. Applications should be submitted in English.
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply
Please contact Nini Pryds, +45 46 77 57 52 for further information.
Additional information about Risø DTU and the Fuel Cells and Solid State Chemistry Division can be found on risoe.dtu.dk.