Institute of Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences
Scholarship for a PhD Student
Job Title: PhD Student in Laser Spectroscopy
- MSc university degree in one of the following disciplines: Atomic Physics, Molecular Physics, Optics, Laser Physics.
- Good spoken and written English skills
- Experience in laboratory work
- Strong motivation for scientific work
Group of laser spectroscopy (ON2.5) offers a Ph.D. project on laser spectroscopy of diatomic alkali molecules. The project is focused on investigation of electronic structure of selected electronic states of Rb2, Cs2 and RbCs molecules, including determination of corresponding molecular constants and potential energy curves. The research methodology is based on a laser polarization labelling spectroscopy technique which allows to record high resolution spectra of the investigated molecules. The experimental resources available in our laboratories include state-of-the art laser systems, specialized detection systems and spectroscopic cells designed for production of specific alkali metal dimers. The numerical Pointwise Inverted Perturbation Approach method developed in our group enables construction of molecular potentials for investigated electronic states basing on experimental spectra, even for states with exotic shapes of potential curves.
Main research field: Physics
Sub Research Field: Optics
Career Stage: Early stage researcher or 0-4 yrs (Post-graduate)
Research Profile (details): First Stage Researcher (R1)
Type of Contract: Temporary (18 months with possibility of prolongation)
Salary: 3000 PLN per month (untaxed scholarship).
More information can be find at https://dimer.ifpan.edu.pl or obtained from prof. Włodzimierz Jastrzębski (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application deadline: 31 August 2018 Later applications may also be considered.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Detailed description of experimental abilities
- Reference letter and contact data of the Author of the letter (phone number(s) and email address(es))
- List of publications, conference presentations and other achievements
- Transcript of record from undergraduate studies
All materials should be submitted in electronic form to the address: email@example.com with Job ID in the subject.